Beyond a Room's primary purpose for collecting personal information is to enable property owners and renters to exchange information to arrange and transact property holiday rentals. To facilitate this exchange, Beyond a Room maintains a database of property owner and renter information.
Beyond a Room is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Beyond a Room is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Crh), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals and collection of personal information.
Personal information collected
- We will collect the following personal information from you:
- Certain information required to register with the site including first and last name, your address and date of birth together with some basic security information;
- Details of any bookings you make through the site (either through us or through third parties who use the site as a booking platform);
- Your e-mail address and password;
- Billing information such as your credit card number and expiry date;
- Other information about you that you voluntarily supply to use by filling out your reservation information.
- Although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot register as a member of the site or make a booking for accommodation with our Clients.
Use of this information
- We (or your booking services provider) will use this information in order to:
- Administer your booking;
- Collect payment of accommodation fees from you on behalf of our Clients;
- Collect payment for any services you obtain while staying in our Clients' accommodation;
- Make general improvements to our site and the services we offer;
- Analyse how customers are making use of the site;
- Notify you of certain offers and new products (subject to your right to unsubscribe or opt-out).
Sharing this information
- Credit or debit card payments will be collected by our payment processor.
- In order for payments to be processed you may need to provide some necessary details to our agent. We tell you about this at the point we collect that information on the site.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
Information automatically collected from your computer
- Log files/IP addresses. When you visit the site our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information. We may also gather other non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which we use to provide you with a more effective service.
- Storing details about your site preferences (for instance which language you wish to view pages in);
- Storing details about any properties you have short-listed;
- Enabling our web server to track your session between pages of the site and provide a continuity of experience.
- When using our site, there are a number third parties who also need to store cookies for essential running of the site. These include but are not limited to, Amazon for the running of our load balancers, Google to enable Interactive Maps and help us with Analytics. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
- We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- In addition, if you linked to this site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Beyond a Room reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Call: (03) 9028 7977